Friday, January 25, 2013

Yumtastic Strawberry Bananas!

So I was experiencing "point pinch" where I didn't have a whole lot of points to spare, but I was craving a little something filling and sweet. In a fit of inspiration, I created this incredibly delicious mix that totally filled me up and satisfied my sweet tooth. Damn this stuff was good! I like the bananas slightly soft and mushy to add a bit of a pudding-ish consistency to the whole shebang!

Ingredients:
Strawberries - 2c (0 PP)
Banana - 1 large (0 PP)
Vanilla extract  - 1 Tbsp (0 PP)
Almond extract - 1 tsp (0 PP)
Splenda (optional) - 3 Tbsp (0 PP)

Slice strawberries and sprinkle with splenda and vanilla. Let strawberries soak up the vanilla and splenda for a few minutes. Slice bananas and add them to the mix mashing them a little as you stir. Add almond extract. Et Voila!!!
TOTAL POINTS: 0 (YES, freaking zero!!!)

I think the almond extract really makes this. The liquids and splenda make it a little saucy which would be delicious drizzled over a slice of angel food cake. If you're looking for a little more substance (like maybe for breakfast) I could see this being great with yogurt, oatmeal, or some cottage cheese. Yumtastic!


No comments:

Post a Comment